It’s a good idea for social media content creators to share their videos on other platforms as well. For example, one can share short YouTube videos on WhatsApp to maximize their reach and generate more engagement.
While you can post a link from Shorts to your WhatsApp status using the Share to YouTube option. However, it’s not the best way to put YouTube Shorts in WhatsApp status, as most people won’t bother to open the link. And those who don’t have the YouTube app installed (though unlikely) won’t be able to watch your clips either.
How do I post a YouTube clip on WhatsApp without a link? Don’t worry, there is an easy solution to share or upload YouTube clips on WhatsApp status. The procedure requires the use of a third-party application or online service to first save the YouTube clips to the camera roll and then post the video of the clips to WhatsApp story or status. Doing so will allow you to share your own or someone else’s content.
Now let’s see how to download YouTube Shorts for WhatsApp status and post them, both on iPhone and Android.
How to Download Short YouTube Videos for WhatsApp Status
- Open YouTube and find the short video you want to repost on WhatsApp.
- Tap the “Share” button at the bottom right and select “Copy Link.”
- share short youtube videos
- copy the video link from youtube shorts
- Visit a video download website like ytshorts.savetube.me (or use the one you prefer).
- Paste the link into the “Paste your YouTube link here” field and you will automatically get the online link.youtube shorts downloader
- Tap the “720p – Direct Download” button, and then hit “Download” to save the short YouTube video.
- Once the download is complete, open the Files app and go to “Downloads”.
- Open the video you downloaded and tap the “Share” button. Share menu in the Files app on iPhone
- Choose ‘WhatsApp’ in the share sheet, select “My Status” and hit Next.
- Optional: Add a title, filter, stickers, or text to the video if you like.
- Tap the Share button to share the Shorts video on your WhatsApp status. How to add YouTube clips in WhatsApp status
- That is all. You can also directly send a YouTube Shorts video to your contacts on WhatsApp.
NOTE: The above screenshots are from iPhone, but the process is exactly similar for Android users.
How to download your own YouTube shorts
You may know that you can download a compressed version of your regular and short YouTube videos. That said, you simply can’t download Shorts from within the YouTube app, as the download option is only available in YouTube Studio on desktop.
Follow the steps below to download your own YouTube Shorts video.
- Visit YouTube Studio in a web browser on your PC or Mac.
- Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Go to ‘Content’ (on the left panel) and find the Shorts video you want to download.
- Hover over the video thumbnail and click the Options menu (3-dot icon). Video options in youtube studio on PC
- Click the ‘Download’ option. How to download shorts from the YouTube app
- hey! The particular video file will be saved on your computer in MP4 format. Since WhatsApp Web does not allow status sharing, you can transfer the video to your phone and then upload it to your WhatsApp status.